The Aquarium of Limousin is recognized as one of the richest public aquariums by the diversity of aquatic animals presented.
You can observe native fish (carp, perch, sturgeon, black bass …), but also animals from lakes and rivers around the world (electric fish, shark fish, piranhas, discus, crocodile fish …), not to mention the wonders of the marine world with many colors and shapes more surprising than the others (moray eels, seahorses, starfish, sea urchins, clown fish, butterfly fish, lionfish, …).
This wide variety allows you to enjoy an exceptional world tour to discover the mysteries of the seas and oceans of the five continents! Located in an exceptional architectural site (an old underground water reservoir of the city of Limoges), the Aquarium of Limousin promises discovery, relaxation and entertainment. For almost an hour of free visit, you will admire the treasures and riches of the seabed and become aware of the need to preserve them.
The aquarium in a few figures:
- 160,000 liters of water
- 2,500 fish
- More than 300 species from around the world
- More than 40 bins
- 4 touch tanks of 10,000 liters
- 2 aquariums of 40,000 liters
Visit in family
You wish to spend a pleasant moment with your family?
Discover an exceptional marine world!
The Aquarium of Limousin offers daily entertainment:
– Fish Tank: the most courageous children, as well as their parents, will be able to touch cash and feed them!
Duration: 20 min
– Fish feeding : come and watch the feeding of the emblematic species of the Aquarium and take the opportunity to ask all your questions to the biologist!
Duration: 20 min
– Behind-the-scenes tour: Go to the other side of the stage! A biologist makes you discover all its secrets and leads you from the laboratory to the nursery through the kitchens and quarantines. This journey behind the aquariums will allow you to better understand what is the job of biologist.
Duration: 1h – minimum package 18 people
For the schedule of events, go to the homepage.